Air fryer quesadillas are my go-to 10 minute meal. Nutritionally balanced and completely customizable, they are sure to satisfy all your lunchtime needs.
Quesadillas are honestly such an underrated food. Not only are they practically foolproof, but they're super nourishing.
We've got protein and healthy fats from our cheese and chicken, and fibre-rich carbs from the veggies, whole-grain tortilla, and (optional) beans. All the bases are covered!
By now, I'm sure you've noticed that I love my air fryer meals. They're fast, easy, and always turn out yummy. That's why I knew I had to try a cheese quesadilla in air fryer.
Why not on the stove, you ask? Well, you could- but the air fryer means less work and more crisp. And if you want to be super efficient, you could even do all the clean-up while they're cooking! I'm team air fryer quesadillas.
Did I mention these are super customizable? If you don't have some of the fillings, swap it out for what's on hand.
- 10-inch whole grain tortilla
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded chicken- to level up this quesadilla, use the buffalo chicken from this recipe!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Diced bell peppers
- Smashed black beans
- Sweet potatoes
See recipe card for quantities.
Follow the steps below to make these air fryer cheese quesadillas!
Preheat air fryer to 350F. Lightly brush olive oil onto one side of the tortilla (or spray with olive oil cooking spray).
Fold the tortilla in half, creating a quesadilla and cook for about 8 minutes (flipping the quesadilla halfway through cooking to ensure both sides are evenly cooked).
In the basket of your air fryer, place the tortilla, oil side down. Spread a layer of half of the shredded cheese, top with spinach and chicken and finish with the other half of the cheese (this helps the tortilla stick together)!
Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)!
Substitutions & Variations
To make gluten-free: Use a gluten-free tortilla.
To make dairy-free: Use dairy-free cheese.
To make vegan: Use dairy-free cheese and a plant-based protein (like mock chicken, crumbled tempeh/tofu, or black beans).
I wouldn't recommend storing these in the fridge, as they might get soggy. Air fryer quesadillas are definitely best enjoyed fresh, while they're hot and crispy!
Sometimes the fan can blow open the air fry quesadilla. If this happens, simply press it back down or secure it with a toothpick. Check periodically throughout cooking to make sure this doesn't happen!
Frequently Asked Questions
To round out this meal, I would suggest pairing these with a veggie side dish! If you want to double down on the air fryer, I love doing air fryer broccoli. Alternatively, you could meal prep a salad (this kale harvest salad is SO good) to throw onto the side.
Get one. It's lifechanging!! But if you don't, no worries- you can definitely use all the same ingredients and pan fry this quesadilla.
More Easy Meal Recipes
Need more easy lunches and dinners? Here are some more ideas:
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parm
- Grilled Pesto Tofu Sandwich
- Easy Chicken Kale Caesar Wrap
- 30 Minute Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make these air fryer quesadillas, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Air Fryer Quesadilla
- 1 x 10 inch whole grain tortilla
- ½ cup cheese shredded (more if needed)
- ¾ cup spinach
- ⅓ cup shredded chicken link to buffalo chicken salad for a good recipe!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil can be substituted with olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup Diced bell peppers
- ½ cup Smashed black beans
- ½ cup Sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Corn
- Preheat air fryer to 350F
- Lightly brush olive oil onto one side of the tortilla (or spray with olive oil cooking spray). In the basket of your air fryer, place the tortilla, oil side down. Spread a layer of half of the shredded cheese, top with spinach and chicken and finish with the remaining half of the cheese (this is important as it helps the tortilla stick together)!
- Fold the tortilla in half, creating a quesadilla and cook for about 8 minutes (flipping the quesadilla halfway through cooking to ensure both sides are evenly cooked)
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)!