My method for sheet pan pancakes from mix is the easiest pancake recipe you'll ever make. Only 4 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and NO FLIPPING!
What if I told you that this was the easiest pancake recipe you'll ever make? Using my method to make sheet pan pancakes from a mix, you'll be able to serve your entire family fresh pancakes with only 10 minutes of prep. That's right, no standing in front the stove, flipping pancakes for an hour while the rest of brunch gets cold on the table.
I love a good single serve stack of fluffy pancakes, but when it comes to cooking for a big group? Flipping 50 pancakes, especially without a large griddle, takes FOREVER. Sheet pan pancakes are a lifesaver for family brunch, but my trick for sheet pan pancakes from mix goes one step further and skips making a batter completely from scratch. All you need is your favourite mix and you're all set!
Why This Dietitian Loves This Recipe
Why should you try making sheet pan pancakes from a mix? Let me tell you.
- No flipping required. Saving time and energy with this recipe- the perfect method for making a large batch.
- Easily customizable. Add whatever mix-ins your heart desires. This is a great way to get kids involved with cooking!
- Affordable. Pancake mix is very budget-friendly, making this meal an affordable staple.
Try this recipe and I promise you'll never make pancakes the same way again.
- Pancake mix
- Milk or water
- Greek yogurt
- Toppings of choice
Preheat the oven to 425 F and grease a standard sized shallow walled baking tray.
In a large mixing bowl combine pancake mix, water, yogurt and eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Please note regardless of the instructions on the pancake mix box you just need to follow the instructions written HERE. This will work for all pancake mixes!
Pour the pancake batter into the greased baking tray and spread into an even layer using a spatula.
Top with desired toppings. I like to create sections of different toppings to make everyone happy.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top of the pancake begins to turn golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the pancake comes out clean.
Slice into 15 equal sized pieces, top with butter and maple syrup and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: I have not tested this recipe using a gluten free pancake mix. If you decide to try, please let me know how they turn out!
To make dairy-free: The Greek yogurt acts as a buttermilk substitute in this recipe, I do not recommend substituting it with any non dairy yogurts at this time.
To make nut-free: Ensure your pancake mix was made in a nut free facility!
Use whatever mix-ins your heart desires! Here are some of my favorites and some ideas to get you started:
- Chocolate chips
- Banana slices
- Swirls in jam and nut butter for a "pb & j"
- Chopped nuts
- Hemp hearts
These sheet pan pancakes will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To store longer, I recommend freezing the pancakes in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can reheat them in the microwave and use the defrost setting for about 1 minute.
Do your best to avoid over mixing the batter. To help create light and fluffy pancakes, only mix the batter until JUST combined. It is ok if there are a few lumps!
Frequently Asked Questions
My personal favourite pancake mix is Krusteaz, however I also grew up with Pearl Milling company and also love the pancake mix they have. I find both of these options work great in this recipe and will turn out light, fluffy and full of flavour.
Yes! Regardless of what the instructions on the side of the pancake mix box say, please follow this recipe as written for best results. This will ensure the pancakes rise like a cake, when baked in the sheet pan!
Yes! With fruit and carbohydrates, these are a great option for a base of a great meal. I recommend pairing with some protein like additional Greek yogurt or egg cups for a more balanced meal.
I highly recommend using Greek yogurt or a thick yogurt in this recipe. The yogurt will act as a buttermilk substitute as well as thickener to help create light and fluffy pancakes. I have not tested any other thinner yogurt options.
It totally depends on your hunger! Personally, I eat between 2-3 pancakes with some sides depending on how I'm feeling.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you loved these sheet pan pancakes from mix, try my other pancake recipes next!
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make these sheet pan pancakes from mix, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Easy Sheet Pan Pancakes From A Mix
- 1 16 oz box pancake mix about 450g or 3 cups
- 1 + ¼ cup water or milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and grease a standard sized shallow walled baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pancake mix, water, yogurt and eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Please note regardless of the instructions on the pancake mix box you just need to follow the instructions written HERE (this will work for all pancake mixes)!
- Pour the pancake batter into the greased baking tray and spread into an even layer using a spatula. Top with desired toppings, I like to create sections of different toppings to make everyone happy. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top of the pancake begins to turn golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the pancake comes out clean.
- Slice into 15 equal sized pieces, top with butter and maple syrup and enjoy!