As a registered dietitian I know how helpful meal prepping can be to make eating healthier easier throughout the week BUT I get bored of eating the same thing everyday.
So instead of meal prepping I do a combination of “ingredient prep” & “meal prep”:
My simple meal prepping formula:
- 1 x easy breakfast - enough for 3 days so you don’t get bored
- 1 x grab and go balanced snack
- 1x protein you can easily add to lunches (make it versatile- something you could add to salads, bowls, wraps etc.)
- 1x carbohydrate source to add to meals
- properly store your leafy greens to increase their freshness (add a piece of paper towel and store upside down!)
- 3-4x fruits & veggies (wash and cut to have ready for easy snacks and additions to salads, stir fry etc.)
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- for some added protein I just added 1 cup of cottage cheese into this mixture and baked for an additional 5-10 minutes (until the center is set)
Protein source for lunches:
Quick carbohydrate source:
Vegetable chopper link:
If I can recommend ONE kitchen gadget it would be this chopper. It is slightly annoying to clean but the amount of time it saves me from dicing vegetables is SO worth it to me!
Vegetable tray & dip:
*Our vegetable tray is very old and I can't find a link for the exact one, however here are a few similar vegetable tray links:
- Covered veggie tray with dip holder
- Round locking veggie tray
- Round covered veggie tray
- Covered veggie tray with handle (but no dip holder)
Grab and go snack:
If you enjoyed this post and would like to continue learning more about meal prepping/ grocery shopping (& gain access to weekly meal prep ideas) don't forget to join my email newsletter list !!
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make any of these meal prep recipes, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!