These healthy Greek-inspired turkey feta meatballs are juicy, packed with flavour and a great lean protein to add to any salad or bowl!
I have always loved Greek culture and cuisine. When I first had the opportunity to go to Greece I instantly fell in love with the country. I loved the sunsets, the people, the Greek approach to the eating experience and most of I loved the food! That's why I knew I needed to find a way to try to bring some of the Greek culture into my household. We've been making Greek-inspired bowls often and love adding these turkey feta meatballs for an easy protein.
These Greek-inspired turkey feta meatballs are a weeknight staple in my household and I'm hoping they become one in yours too!
Why This Dietitian Loves This Recipe
Here's why you need to make my turkey feta meatballs.
- Lean protein option. Each meatball has 7g of protein! I love ground turkey as a leaner protein that is lower in fat.
- Packed with flavour. We have freshness from the herbs and saltiness from the feta for the perfect flavour-packed bite.
- Versatile. These meatballs can easily be added to a variety of meals throughout the week- bowls, sandwiches, salads, pitas. They taste great in EVERYTHING!
- Ground turkey
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Feta cheese
- Fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix with your hands until fully combined.
Measure out heaped tablespoons and roll using your hands until a ball begins to form. Recipe will make approximately 27 meatballs.
Place rolled meatballs onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the middle of the meatballs reaches 165 F. Make sure to flip the meatballs halfway.
Once meatballs are done, carefully remove them from the oven enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
To make dairy-free: Use a dairy-free feta like this one.
To make vegan: For a vegan meatball recipe, try my tofu meatballs!
To make nut-free: This recipe is naturally nut-free.
Switching up ingredients? Try these:
- White onion: Swap for red or yellow onion.
- Turkey: You can use any ground meat for these meatballs, however I chose turkey as a leaner protein. Lean ground beef, lean ground veal or ground chicken are other great options.
- Spinach: Try adding 1 cup of chopped spinach for a spinach feta variation.
Once cooked, these turkey feta meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To freeze, store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost: use the defrost function on the microwave or place them in the fridge overnight.
Don’t forget to flip the meatballs halfway through cooking. This helps create an even bake and will ensure your meatballs are fully cooked through.
Frequently Asked Questions
I love adding these meatballs to my Greek bowls. They're also delicious with a burrata caprese salad, quinoa salad, or any air fried veggies. For a quick meal idea, toss it in a pita with veggies and tzatziki. So yummy!
I think the secret ingredient to any Mediterranean dish is fresh parsley. You are able to replace this for dried parsley, however the flavour will change slightly.
Yes! You can bake these at 350F for about 10–12 minutes in the air fryer. Just remember to flip the meatballs halfway through cooking.
Yes! These are a great meal prep protein option. I love making a batch to use for lunches and dinners for the week ahead.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
Loving the easy dinner recipes? Here are more favorites from the Nourished kitchen:
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make these turkey feta meatballs, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Healthy Turkey Feta Meatballs (Greek)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey meat ground chicken or veal also work
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- dash red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup yellow onion minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix with your hands until fully combined.
- Measure out heaped tablespoons and roll using your hands until a ball begins to form (recipe will make approximately 27 meatballs).
- Place rolled meatballs onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (or until a thermometer inserted into the middle of the meatballs reaches 165 F) , turning halfway.
- Once meatballs are done, carefully remove them from the oven enjoy! (see above for serving suggestions)