This vegan single serve cookie is a quick and easy recipe perfect for when a cookie craving strikes! Plus it's gluten free and can be made in just 10 minutes (total)!
Do you ever get a craving for a really good, gooey, chocolatey chocolate chip cookie but you're also too lazy to wait 30 minutes, clean multiple dishes and roll out 12 cookies? Because I do. I crave cookies pretty much 99% of the time. I am also very lazy. Which is why I decided to create the perfect air fryer chocolate chip cookie for one. It's quick, easy, delicious and it's vegan, dairy free, eggless and gluten free- meaning it's perfect for all my friends with food allergies!
How to make an air fryer cookie for one
This vegan single serve cookie is incredibly simple to make it's perfect for when the chocolate chip cookie craving hits!
To start you are going to want to make your flax egg. As this is a single serving recipe we will only be using half of a typical flax egg. So grab a small mixing bowl and add your ground flax seed (make sure it is GROUND whole flax seeds will not work) with your water, stir and allow that to sit for a few minutes. I'm typically impatient and don't let it sit for more than a minute and it still works perfectly!
Next, grab a medium mixing bowl and combine both of your sugars, the flax egg, and your softened coconut oil. Add your almond flour and baking soda and mix until a dough begins to form. Mix in your chocolate chips and chunks and roll your dough into a ball.
Place your ball on a sheet of parchment paper or in an air fryer liner and gently press down using your palm to form a cookie. I like to press a few more chocolate chunks into the top fo the cookie at this point.
Air fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 6 to 8 minutes ( I find 6 is usually enough but every air fryer is different). Once your cookie is done, carefully remove it, place it on a plate, top with some dairy free ice cream of choice and sprinkle with sea salt.
Enjoy your air fryer chocolate chip cookei for one!
Can this single serve cookie be made in the oven?
As with all of my air fryer recipes- this single serve cookie can be made in the oven as well. I am a huge air fryer advocate for their convenience. However for this air fryer cookie for one the only difference if you use an oven is it will take slightly longer to bake plus you need to wait longer for the oven to reach the correct temperature. So do not fret if you don't have an air fryer! I would suggest baking at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Ingredients needed for this vegan single serve cookie
As a Registered Dietitian I always try to avoid labeling food as "healthy" or "unhealthy". All food provides us with different things- some just contains more nutrients. So I wouldn't go so far as to say this is a healthy single serve cookie but in my books it's pretty close. It's packed with healthy fats, a little protein and has only a small amount of sugar making it a great option for a late night snack!
Almond flour- The perfect gluten free flour for this single serve cookie! I have not tested this recipe with any other flour. I would assume oat flour or all purpose flour would both work however the ratio of flour may need to be decreased slightly- if you try let me know how it turns out!
Flax seed- Ground flax seed is needed to create a flax egg in these vegan cookies! Make sure you use ground flax seed (I just blend my flax seed in a magic bullet until ground).
Baking soda- For a little rise!
Coconut oil- To make this a vegan single serve cookie I used vegan as my dairy free fat of choice. Butter also works perfectly well in this cookie recipe for those that are not vegan!
Chocolate chips- In my humble opinion the best chocolate chip cookie recipes use both chocolate chips AND chocolate chunks. So for best results grab yourself a chocolate bar, cut it into pieces and add it to your air fryer chocolate chip cookie (thank me later)! You can also get crazy and add whatever mix ins your heart desires!
Sugar- We use both brown and white sugar in this vegan single serve cookie to mimic the classic chocolate chip cookie flavour we all know and love!
Air fryer- This isn’t an ingredient but for this vegan single serve cookie I recommend an air fryer! I personally love this one! However any air fryer will work!
Other single serve sweet treats to try:
- microwave berry crumble
- single serve apple crumble
- air fryer breakfast cookie
- single serve cinnamon buns
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make this vegan single serve cookie don't forget to tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment below!
Vegan Single Serve Cookie
- ½ tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1.5 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil softened
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 handful chocolate chips and chocolate chunks
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Make your flax egg by combining the ground flax seed with water in a small bowl and mixing. Set aside for 2 minutes until a gel begins to form.
- In a medium bowl, add softened coconut oil, brown sugar and white sugar and mix well. Add your vanilla extract and flax egg and mix again.
- Add your flour, salt and baking soda to your wet ingredients and stir until a dough begins to form (you may need to use your hands to fully combine ingredients). Add in your chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Roll your dough into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper or on an air fryer liner. Gently press down using the palm of your hand to form a cookie (dough should be about ¼ inch thick). Top with additional chocolate if desired.
- Air fry for about 6-8 minutes (I find 6 minutes is usually good but all air fryers are different). Top with sea salt and dairy free icecream of choice!