This 10-minute air fryer breakfast cookie is the PERFECT balanced breakfast for busy mornings. It's vegan, gluten free, higher protein, lower sugar and is made in just one bowl!
This is one of those recipes, I never really planned to post. I was looking for a new way to spice up my oatmeal one morning and I thought, why not try making it into a cookie?
That's when this air fryer breakfast cookie was created and it was instantly a HIT. This is the original viral Tiktok breakfast cookie. With over 22 million views and thousands of remakes, you know this is a good one.
If you've been around here for a while (or even if you're new) you probably know my love of single serving recipes.
That's why this air fryer breakfast cookie is perfect! All you need is one bowl, a few easy ingredients, a minimal amount of time and you have a perfect dish just for you. SO no sharing is even involved!
What more could you want from a recipe?
- Protein Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Chips
See recipe card for quantities
Follow the steps below to make this air fryer breakfast cookie
In a small mixing bowl combine oats, baking powder, protein powder and cinnamon.
Add the melted coconut oil, mashed banana and milk and stir until a dough forms ( the dough will be on the wet-er side)!
On a small piece of parchment paper, roll dough into a ball and press and shape into a cookie using your hands.
Top with chocolate chips and air fry at 360F for about 8 minutes.
Note: As all air fryers are different the cook time may vary! Please start watching your cookie at about 6 minutes to ensure the top does not burn.
For safety ensure the parchment paper is ONLY under the cookie and does not come close to the air fryer burners.
- Banana- Substitute with ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Protein powder- Skip the protein and add one extra tablespoon of oats (plus a little maple syrup for added sweetness if desired)!
- Coconut oil- Peanut butter works as a great substitute for the coconut oil in this recipe! Just make sure you are using RUNNY peanut butter or it won't be wet enough to hold the dough. Another option is using melted butter or even any neutral tasting oil you have on hand.
- Milk- Don't like dairy? Use any milk you have on hand!
- Oats- If you want more of a typical cookie" consistency, try blending your oats or using oat flour!
- Vegan- This air fryer breakfast cookie is already naturally vegan ( just make sure you use dairy free chocolate)!
- Gluten free- As this breakfast cookie is flourless it's also gluten free! As with any gluten free recipe that uses oats, I always recommend you check the package of your oats to ensure they are CERTIFIED gluten free!
- Dairy Free- Swap chocolate chips and milk for dairy free versions (like these) and you are good to go!
- Get creative with your mix-ins! If you don't love chocolate chips, don't fret- try mixing in your favorite berries, nuts or even spices such as ginger and nutmeg for a cozy take.
Double chocolate: add ½ scoop of chocolate protein powder and 2 teaspoon of cocoa powder
Blueberry: Swap the chocolate chips for some fresh or frozen blueberries
Chocolate raspberry: add ½ scoop of chocolate protein powder and 2 teaspoon of cocoa powder and top with rapsberries instead of chocolate chips
This is a one bowl recipe (which means minimal clean up-YAY)! So all you really need is:
- One mixing bowl
- An air fryer- By far my FAVOURITE kitchen appliance, I personally love this one! However any air fryer will work!
Frequently Asked Questions
YES, of course! This cookie can absolutely be made in the oven.
I would recommend:
Following the directions as stated to create the cookie dough.
Place the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake in the oven at 350 F for about 15 minutes (or until the top of the cookie begins to brown)
This one is my absolute favourite! I love the vanilla or chocolate for extra sweetness, flavour and to help keep me full throughout the day!
Yes you absolute can! This is a perfect option for a grab and go meal prep breakfast! I would recommend storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days and reheating in the microwave for about 1 minute!
Yes! If you are looking to make a large batch of these air fryer breakfast cookies, they can easily be frozen. Allow them to cool before transferring to a large airtight container or Ziploc bag and freezing for up to 3 months!
More air fryer recipes
If you loved this air fryer breakfast cookie you need to try my other air fryer recipes:
- Pumpkin pie breakfast cookie
- Apple pie breakfast cookie
- Air fryer apple crisp
- Air fryer spinach dip (high protein)
I love seeing my recipes in action! If you make this air fryer breakfast cookie don't forget to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or comment below how it turned out!
Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie
- ⅓ cup oats quick, minute or rolled all work
- ½ of one medium banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ scoop protein powder optional see notes below
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil see notes below for substitution
- 1 tablespoon milk if needed
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- small handful of chocolate chips or blueberries
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (or preheat oven to 350°F).
- Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips/blueberries in a small bowl. *if you find your mixture is too dry, add milk- otherwise it should be fine to leave it out!
- Form batter into a round ball and press into a cookie shape in the basket of the prepared air fryer (spray lightly with cooking spray) or on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Add chocolate chips or blueberries on top and gently press them into the top of the cookie.
- Air fry for about 8-10 minutes (or bake in the oven for 15 minutes)