The newest member of the single serving recipe family: the 10-minute air fryer breakfast cookie. The vegan, gluten free, higher protein, lower sugar breakfast you didn't know you needed.
The original viral Tiktok air fryer breakfast cookie
Within seconds of me posting my air fryer breakfast cookie it had thousands of views... that's when I knew it was going to be a hit. But how could it not be a hit? It's only a few ingredients you probably already have on hand, it's lower sugar and higher protein, and it's made in 10 MINUTES! It's the perfect breakfast, snack or anytime in between recipe, which explains why it now has 16 MILLION views. This is 100% a recipe you are going to want to RUN to the kitchen to make!
If you've been around here for a while (or even if you're new) you probably know my love of single serving recipes. I've made cookies, mug cakes, baked oats, crumbles, cinnamon buns and there's no sign of me slowing down any time soon. I just LOVE a good easy, single serving recipe. That's why this air fryer breakfast cookie is perfect! All you need is one bowl, a few easy ingredients, a minimal amount of time and you have a perfect dish just for you. SO no sharing is even involved! What more could you want from a recipe?
Can I bake this cookie in the oven?
So I know the airfryer is one of my favourite kitchen gadgets (ps. you NEED to try my air-fryer brussel sprouts). I also know that that not everyone has an air fryer available to them. That is why the answer to this question is YES, of course! This cookie can absolutely be made in the oven.
I would recommend:
- Following the directips as stated to create the cookie dough.
- Place the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 F for about 15 minutes (or until the top of the cookie begins to brown)
What Ingredients do I need for this air fryer breakfast cookie?
Oats- quick, rolled, or minute oats all work perfectly well! I personally use these oats, but that's just because that we buy them in bulk and always have them on hand! PS. if you want more of a typical
cookie" consistency, try blending your oats or using oat flour!
Protein Powder- This is 100% optional! I love using a little bit of vanilla protein ( this one is my absolute favourite) for extra sweetness, flavour and to help keep me full throughout the day. If you do not want to use protein powder, just leave it out and add about an extra tablespoon of oats!
Banana- For natural sweetness and flavour! I personally have 0 hate against bananas and LOVE adding them to my recipes. If you aren't a huge banana lover you can try to substitute this with an unsweetened apple sauce but I have not tested this version).
Coconut Oil- I love adding coconut oil to my recipes. Not because it's "healthier" but because I love the subtle coconut flavour it brings to baked goods. If you aren't a coconut fan, you can substitute this one for one with any natural nut butter (as long as it's runny enough!)
Chocolate Chips- You can't have a good breakfast cookie without a little chocolate! Again, this is optional but in my opinion it's highly recommended. If you are dairy free or vegan try these dairy free chocolate chips!
Milk- For a little extra moisture, note that you *may* not need this! It really depends on the thickness of your peanut butter/ coconut oil and how big the banana you are using is!
I love seeing my recipes in action! If you make this air fryer breakfast cookie don't forget to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or comment below how it turned out!
Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie
- ½ cup oats quick, minute or rolled all work
- ½ of one medium banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ scoop protein powder optional see notes below
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil see notes below for substitution
- 1 tablespoon milk
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- small handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (or preheat oven to 350°F).
- Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chip in a small bowl.
- Form batter into a round ball and press into a cookie shape in the basket of the prepared air fryer (spray lightly with cooking spray) or on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Add chocolate chips on top and gently press them into the top of the cookie.
- Air fry for about 10 minutes (or bake in the oven for 15 minutes)