These 3-ingredient peanut butter blossoms are ultimate EASY holiday cookies. For this easy dough all you need is peanut butter, brown sugar and an egg and in less than 30 minutes you'll be enjoying these amazing easy flourless cookies.
The ultimate holiday cookie! Peanut butter blossoms are a STAPLE when it comes to Christmas baking. They are easy, taste amazing and are ALWAYS crowd pleaser.
While I was creating my recipes for my 5 days of Christmas cookies I really wanted to try to create some more gluten free options. Although I am not someone who follows a gluten free lifestyle, my Grandma is someone that does and she always struggles around the holidays with finding new recipes to make- that actually taste good! While creating these gluten free peanut butter blossoms I was inspired by my paleo pumpkin cookies. I wanted to create an easy, gluten free cookie that everyone will love.
- Natural peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Hershey's chocolate Kisses
- Optional: Vanilla extract
See recipe card for quantities.
Follow the steps below to make these super easy flourless peanut butter blossoms!
Beat together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Form into ball shape with your hands
Gently press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each of the balls.
Place into oven at 350 Fahrenheit.
Hint: To create the perfect circular cookies I recommend gently re-shaping the cookies using your hands after you pres sin the chocolate!
- Peanut butter- If you don't have natural peanut butter on hand- don't worry! You can easily substitute the natural peanut butter with any peanut butter you have available. I would like to note that the cookies will be slightly sweeter if you decide to go this route!
- Hershey's kisses- Can't find any Hershey's kisses? Any chocolate will work- just place a square of chocolate into the centre of the dough! Although these may not be the traditional 3 ingredient peanut butter blossoms anymore they will still taste amazing!
- To make these cookies vegan- If you are looking for a vegan peanut butter cookie recipe, you can easily turn these into one by using a flax egg (combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of warm water).
- Brown sugar- I would not recommend substituting the brown sugar with any other sweetener (ie. honey or maple syrup)- this WILL change the consistency and texture of the dough.
Note that as these peanut butter cookies are flourless- they are naturally gluten free! If you are looking for other gluten free cookie ideas you can also try THESE: gluten free pumpkin cookies, monster cookies and sugar cookies.
If you are looking for a way to make these 3 ingredient peanut butter blossoms even more festive look no further:
- Melted chocolate- Craving even more chocolate? Drizzle these with melted chocolate after baking and pop them in the fridge until the chocolate hardens!
- Crushed candy canes- Looking for the perfect Christmas cookie? You've found it. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle these with a few crushed candy cane pieces after baking for the perfect gluten free Christmas cookies.
- White chocolate- Instead of milk chocolate opt for a white chocolate Hershey's kiss to create the BEST white chocolate peanut butter blossoms
- Sprinkles- sprinkles make everything better in my opinion! Simply roll the dough in coloured sprinkled prior to baking for a festive twist.
This is a one bowl recipe (which means minimal clean up-YAY)! So all you really need is:
- One mixing bowl
- One electric mixer- You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer, I personally have both but I've been using my hand mixer for smaller recipes like these cookies!
- Cookie sheet- Any rectangular cookie sheet will do!
- Cookie scoop- I JUST purchased one of these and my life is CHANGED. Okay that may be a bit dramatic but I swear cookie scoops make it so easy to portion out your cookie dough. I was using an icecream scoop before and it just never really worked, the dough would either get stuck or the cookies would be HUGE. So I highly recommend!
- Silicone baking mat- A few years ago we switched to using silicone baking mats for most of our oven recipes and I never looked back (except for when I am shooting photos haha). These reduce your waste AND make it so easy to take your cookies off the tray when they are done.
These gluten free peanut butter cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days for maximum freshness.
These 3 ingredient peanut butter blossoms can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months (OR you can even store the dough in the freezer).
Don't overcook these peanut butter cookies! Closely watch the cookies as the timer begins to run out, the cookies may not look done when you remove them from the oven but as long as the bottom is golden brown you are good to go! If you leave them in the oven too long they will quickly over brown and the Hershey's kisses will burn!
Frequently asked questions
By using about 1 tablespoon of dough in each cookie dough ball you will get about 12 cookies!
Because they don't need it! The combination of peanut butter and egg helps create a dough that holds it's shape without crumbling!
I love seeing my recipes in action! If you make these don't forget to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or comment below how it turned out!
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 12 Hershey's Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, add penaut butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract (if using) and beat using an electric mixer until fully combined (about 3-5 minutes).
- Take one tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball, repeat until all dough is used up. Place the cookie dough balls on your baking sheet and gently press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- Never eat raw cookie dough containing eggs!