These air fryer teriyaki salmon bites are the simplest protein to throw with any meal. Add them to wraps, bowls, or salads. It only takes 6 ingredients and 10 minutes!
Air fryer proteins are a lifesaver when it comes to throwing together a weeknight dinner. From buffalo chicken tenders to tofu, there is truly NOTHING the air fryer cannot accomplish! These air fryer teriyaki salmon bites are for all my pescatarian friends. They're full of Japanese-inspired tang and well loved in my house.
I get that cooking salmon can be stressful sometimes, but this recipe is super simple. It's also versatile, so you can pair it with whatever you like (suggestions below!). I highly recommend meal prepping a bigger batch- it's so convenient having an easy protein source to reach for during the week, especially for anyone who struggles with adding protein to every meal. This air fryer teriyaki salmon is so flavorful and easy, you'll find yourself making it on repeat.
- Salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
Preheat the airfryer to 400F. Slice salmon into 2 inch cubes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine salmon, olive oil soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey and red pepper flakes.
Gently toss to coat.
Arrange salmon slices in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Be careful not to overcrowd the air fryer, as this will prevent crisping. You don’t want the pieces touching.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway. Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if you prefer. Serve in wraps, bowls, salads, or pair with your protein and carb of choice!
Substitutions and Pairings
To make gluten-free: Swap the soy sauce for coconut aminos or tamari.
There are so many ways to use this air fryer teriyaki salmon. Here are some pairings I've been enjoying:
- Add as the perfect protein addition to salads! This tastes so good on my Thai chopped salad and this quinoa salad.
- Make a nourish bowl with coleslaw mix, thinly sliced cucumbers and quinoa. I also make a delicious sauce with sriracha, lime juice and yogurt to drizzle on top.
- Pair with an air fryer veggie (asparagus and cauliflower are great!) and grain of choice.
This air fryer teriyaki salmon can stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, I recommend popping them back into the air fryer for about 2 minutes at 390F. Make sure you keep an eye on them while reheating.
These salmon bites may stick to the air fryer, so I strongly recommend using silicone air fryer liners.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have an air fryer I recommend using a pan on the stove to get the same crisp outer layer. Add a little oil to a pan over medium heat. Once your pan is hot, add the salmon bites and allow to cook for about 5 minutes per side until fully cooked. The salmon will appear opaque and the texture will be flakey.
I like the one by Primal Kitchen. It's gluten and soy-free for anyone who can't tolerate these items, and a bit lower in sodium than the typical teriyaki sauce.
Salmon is a nutrient powerhouse. Not only is it packed with protein, it's also a source of important nutrients like omega-3s called DHA and EPA, which are essential for brain health, heart health, and fighting inflammation. Salmon is also one of the few food sources of vitamin D- super important during the winter months, when we don't get much sun!
More Easy Protein Recipes
If you're looking for more easy meal prep proteins, give these a try!
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make this air fryer teriyaki salmon, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- 1 lb skinless salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey optional
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions sliced
- Preheat the airfryer to 400F. Slice salmon into 2 inch cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salmon, olive oil soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey and red pepper flakes. Gently toss to coat.
- Arrange salmon slices in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Be careful not to overcrowd the air fryer (you don’t want the pieces touching) as the salmon will not get crispy! Bake for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway way.