Save this Greek yogurt dill veggie dip recipe for parties, game nights, and healthy snacking. 5 minutes, 7g of protein!
The fastest way to make any snack more satisfying it by pairing it with a dip. Guac and hummus are amazing, but I love choosing a high protein option like this Greek yogurt dill veggie dip to keep me full. Protein is so important in my balanced snack formula and it doesn't have to be complicated.
Nutrition aside, I find that most people tend to enjoy veggies more when they're paired with a yummy dip. I'm all about teaching you to enjoy your veggies, so dip away!
Why This Recipe Is Dietitian Approved
- Ready in 5 minutes. You NEVER need to buy dip at the store again! All you need to do is mix.
- Make a balanced snack. Pair with crackers, chips or veggies for a balanced snack that will keep you full. Yes, I said chips- we're all about nutrition by addition here!
- Great for meal prep. I love whipping this together at the start of the week. Once I have Greek yogurt dill dip and chopped veggies in the fridge, it makes it super easy to make healthy choices when I'm busy.
Greek yogurt. Making dill dip using Greek yogurt is the key to a creamy, high protein base. I typically use plain 2% Greek yogurt, as the fat helps absorb the fat soluble vitamins (ie. vitamins A, D, E and K) from the vegetables you are eating it with.
Mayonnaise. I personally love mixing yogurt with a touch of mayonnaise. This creates a nice light creamy flavour without it being too tangy from the yogurt.
Fresh dill. You can’t have a Greek yogurt dill dip without dill! I recommend fresh for the best flavour, although 3 teaspoon of dried dill will work as well.
Spices. Simple yet flavourful with just salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Lemon juice. Lemon and dill are essential for a bright, fresh and light flavours.
The complete ingredient list with measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients (yogurt, mayonnaise, fresh dil, salt, pepper, garlic powder onion powder and lemon juice).
Adjust seasonings to desired taste. Serve with vegetables, chips or crackers and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free. For a good gluten-free cracker, I love the Simple Mills almond flour crackers.
To make vegan: I have not tested this recipe using a vegan yogurt substitute, but I believe any thick plain yogurt should work. Siggis’s non dairy yogurt would be a great option.
To make nut-free: This recipe is naturally nut-free.
If you would like to replace the yogurt with additional mayonnaise feel free to add additional Greek yogurt. Note this will result in a slightly more bitter dip.
For a dill pickle variation, replace the lemon juice with 3 tablespoon pickle juice and add in ¼ quick finely diced pickles.
This dip can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Ensure your spices are not expired for the freshest tasting dip. I highly recommend using fresh dill if you have it available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! It works great for meal prep. I love prepping it at the beginning of the week and storing it in an airtight container in the fridge with some chopped vegetables or crackers for an easy snack!
More Healthy Dip Recipes
I'm pretty much dip-obsessed. Try these dips out next:
- Buffalo Chicken Greek Yogurt Dip
- Herb and Garlic Cottage Cheese Dip
- Air Fryer Spinach Cottage Cheese Dip
- Super Easy Loaded Hummus
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make this Greek yogurt dill veggie dip, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Greek Yogurt Dill Veggie Dip
- 1.5 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Juice of ½ lemon 2 tbsp
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients (yogurt, mayonnaise, fresh dil, salt, pepper, garlic powder onion powder and lemon juice).
- Adjust seasonings to desired taste. Serve with vegetables, chips or crackers and enjoy!