Looking for an easy freezer treat? You need to try my 3 ingredient avocado fudge, packed with 4g of fibre and healthy fats. It's nutritious, yet creamy and indulgent!
You've had avocado toast and guac, but have you tried avocado fudge? My 3 ingredient avocado fudge will absolutely blow your mind. Chocolate and avocado might not be the first combination to come to mind, but I promise it's the secret to the creamiest, dreamiest fudge to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you know me, you know I love having a little treat to keep in the fridge and freezer because I love something sweet after dinner. My snickers banana bites are perfect when it comes to fruitier things, but avocado fudge just hits the spot when I want something EXTRA decadent.
Why This Dietitian Loves This Recipe
Why make this fudge instead of settling for some from the store? Let me tell you why.
- Only 3 simple ingredients. This avocado fudge is super easy to whip up, and you don't need a bunch of fancy ingredients.
- Balanced with protein, fats and fibre. In addition to having tons of nourishing healthy fats, avocados also contain a ton of fibre! When we combine those with the protein from the protein powder, it makes for a delicious balanced bite.
- Antioxidant-rich. Yes, dark chocolate has antioxidants! The darker the cocoa %, the richer it is in a type of antioxidant called flavonols.
Grab your ripe avocados and give this one a try!
- Semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Chocolate protein powder (optional)
- Sea salt (optional)
In a food processor or high powered blender, add avocado flesh.
Add melted chocolate.
Add chocolate protein powder.
Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Line a 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone loaf pan).
Pour avocado/ chocolate mixture into the loaf pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly in the pan. Sprinkle flakey sea salt on top, if using.
Freeze for at least 3 hours, or until the mixture hardens.
Slice into about 20 equal pieces, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
To make dairy-free: Use dairy-free chocolate.
To make vegan: Use dairy-free chocolate and protein powder.
To make nut-free: This recipe is naturally nut-free.
- Food processor or high-powered blender
- Loaf pan
Once cut, this avocado fudge can be kept in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. The fat content in the avocado allows the fudge to get firm in the freezer but it will not become rock solid. This means you can snack on it straight from the freezer, no defrosting time required!
This mixture is very thick when blended. For best results, I highly recommend using a food processor as the top is wider. This makes it easier to ensure you are getting all of the fudge out!
Frequently Asked Questions
In my opinion, no! It tastes like a chocolatey fudge, making it perfect for anyone who doesn't like avocados but wants in on the amazing nutrients it provides.
I love the plant-based protein from Nuzest. Another option is Organika's enhanced chocolate collagen. You can try both these options with a discount with codes NOURISHEDBYNIC (Nuzest) and NOURISHEDBYNIC30 (Organika)!
Nope! I like adding it in as I find it adds some sweetness and helps make this a slightly more balanced snack, as we are combining healthy fats and protein.
Yes! This keeps them fudgey and firm. As avocados are naturally quite soft, the fudge will begin to soften if stored in the fridge. Don’t worry though, the pieces can be enjoyed straight out of the freezer (no time waiting for it to defrost).
These are a great option for anyone looking for a way to add some more healthy fats to their diet. I would not say this is a direct replacement for fudge (because nothing can replace the creamy sweetness of real fudge), however these are a fun sweet treat to have on hand. Plus it’s so easy to make to satisfy any post-dinner sweet tooth!
Yes! Use whatever chocolate you prefer. If you prefer a sweeter fudge, milk chocolate will be perfect for you!
More Sweet Treat Recipes
Got a sweet tooth? If you enjoyed this avocado fudge, give these recipes a try:
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make this frozen yogurt bars, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
3 Ingredient Avocado Fudge
- 3 medium avocados peeled and pitted
- 1.5 cups semi sweet or dark chocolate melted
- ¼ cup chocolate protein powder optional
- Sea salt for sprinkling optional
- In a food processor or high powered blender, add avocado flesh, melted chocolate and protein powder. Blend until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Line a 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone loaf pan).
- Pour avocado/ chocolate mixture into the loaf pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly in the pan. Freeze for at least 3 hours, or until the mixture hardens.
- Slice into 20 equal pieces, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Leave a Reply