High in protein and with only 15 minutes of prep, these cheesecake frozen yogurt bars will cool you down all summer long. Think of your favourite dessert, but in a lightened-up frozen treat!
When I'm making snacks or desserts in the summer, it's all about no-bake recipes and things that will cool me down. There's no way I'm turning on the oven anywhere above 25°C!! These frozen yogurt bars have quickly become my ultimate solution.
I'm a big fan of cheesecake flavored anything, from sweet dips to overnight oats. I absolutely LOVE adding cheesecake bites whenever I grab froyo, so I made these cheesecake frozen yogurt bars as the best hybrid option. With a Greek yogurt base, this recipe is packed with protein and makes for an easy balanced snack or dessert. On a hot summer day, there's nothing better than having a batch of these frozen yogurt bars in the freezer to cool off.
Sorry to my lactose-intolerant friends, but I promise you'll want to take a Lactaid for this recipe (or try the dairy-free swaps I provide later). Totally worth it!
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberry jam
- White chocolate
- Graham crackers
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, combine Greek yogurt,cream cheese, vanilla extract and honey and mix thoroughly until combined.
Transfer the yogurt mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, using a spatula to spread and smooth it out until it reaches an even thickness.
Add dollops of the jam on top of the yogurt mixtures and swirl it around using a toothpick.
Top with strawberries, graham cracker crumbs and a white chocolate drizzle.
Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. I typically leave it overnight.
Once firm, break the bark into pieces and store in a container in the freezer.
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: Use gluten-free graham crackers.
To make dairy-free: Swap Greek yogurt and cream cheese for coconut yogurt and dairy-free cream cheese.
To make vegan: Follow dairy-free swaps and use maple syrup instead of honey.
Cottage cheese can also replace the cream cheese and Greek yogurt together. Note that the final product will be less creamy.
This recipe can easily be customized with whatever add-ins you like! Switch up the fruit, add dark chocolate chips, or your favourite nuts. This chunky monkey yogurt bark is another must-try combo if you like chocolate, banana and peanut butter!
These frozen yogurt bars can be kept in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
The higher the fat percentage of the yogurt, the less icy it will get when frozen. I typically choose 2% yogurt, however full fat will also work! If you like a creamier texture, definitely keep this in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sadly this isn't a snack you can bring with you in your lunchbox as it will begin to melt pretty soon after leaving the freezer. I recommend eating this right out of the freezer for best results.
No! Unlike many yogurt barks, this one will not break your teeth. The additional fat from the cream cheese helps reduce the icy texture many yogurt barks get. It actually creates the perfect texture that is frozen, but still soft enough to bite into!
No you don’t, however the cream cheese helps add the perfect amount of creaminess and gives this yogurt bark the "cheesecake" flavour. However, using just yogurt will also work. It will just have a more icy, less creamy consistency!
More Summer Desserts Recipes
Let's bring on the summer heat with these easy recipes!
- High Protein Ice Cream (Cottage Cheese Ice Cream)
- Vegan Mango Soft Serve
- 6 Ingredient Freezer Snickers Banana Bites
- No Bake Key Lime Pie Bars
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make these frozen yogurt bars, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Bars
- 1.25 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon honey adjust to taste preference
- 3 tablespoon strawberry jam
- ¼ cup white chocolate melted (optional)
- ¼ cup crushed graham crackers about 2 crackers
- ⅓ cup strawberries sliced, about 5 strawberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine Greek yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract and honey and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Transfer the yogurt mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, using a spatula to spread and smooth it out until it reaches an even thickness.
- Add dollops of the jam on top of the yogurt mixtures and swirl it around using a toothpick.
- Top with strawberries, graham cracker crumbs and a white chocolate drizzle.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. I typically leave it overnight.
- Once firm, break the bark into pieces and store in a container in the freezer.