This easy fruit cheesecake dip is light, creamy and perfect for summer! Pair it with fruit, cookies or serve on a snack board for the ultimate healthy sweet treat.
I've been on a cheesecake kick lately. If you haven't tried my cheesecake overnight oats now is your chance because they are a STAPLE in my life. I was eating a huge tub of strawberries the other day and I thought to myself hmm how good would it be if I could make a cheesecake dip to dip these strawberries in? I looked in my fridge at what we had and in less than five minutes this high protein fruit cheesecake dip was created. All you need is five simple ingredients that you probably already have!
I promise it is SO good, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser at any summer potluck.
Why This Dietitian Loves This Recipe
This fruit cheesecake dip is a classic snack in my rotation and here's why:
- Only 5 minutes of prep. You can whip this fruit cheesecake dip together in no time.
- Eat more fruit. If you struggle to get more fruit in your diet, why not make a fun dip to go with it? This is exactly why I teach an additive mindset to nutrition- we can focus on adding foods to make healthy eating more fun, sustainable and easy.
- Easy protein. I love having fruit as a snack, but it usually won't make a dent in my hunger by itself. Pairing it with a high protein dip is one of my favourite hacks to make fruit a more filling and delicious snack!
- Cottage cheese
- Cool Whip
- Vanilla extract
- Graham crackers
In a food processor or high powered blender combine Cool Whip, cottage cheese, vanilla extract and honey.
Blend until smooth.
Add cheesecake dip to a bowl and top with graham cracker crumbs. Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers or your favourite sweet treat to dip!
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: Use a gluten-free graham cracker or cookie.
To make dairy-free: Swap the Cool Whip for coconut-based whip and use a dairy-free yogurt instead of cottage cheese. Note that the yogurt you choose may alter the "cheesecake" flavour.
To make vegan: Follow the dairy-free swaps above and swap honey for maple syrup. You can also try my chocolate fruit dip for a true vegan recipe!
To make nut-free: This recipe is naturally nut-free.
Missing an ingredient? Try these:
- Cottage cheese: I love cottage cheese for the closest "cheesecake" flavour, but it can be subbed for Greek yogurt or a flavored yogurt in a pinch. If you use a flavored yogurt, you may be able to reduce the honey.
- Honey: Sub for liquid sweetener of choice. I chose honey for its flavour!
Get creative by adding mix-ins to this recipe:
- Swirl in chia jam
- Crumble Oreos
- Add chopped nuts
For optimal freshness I recommend storing this fruit cheesecake dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days and adding the graham crackers before serving. If any of the liquid front the cottage cheese separates, just use a spoon to mix it together.
Use an immersion blender or food processor to create a soft and silky dip!
Frequently Asked Questions
My favourite dippers are cut up fruit, waffle crisps, pretzels, cinnamon tortilla chips and vanilla wafers. I also love using it as a filling in my oatmeal cups or on a sweet snacking board!
Combine ¼ cup cottage cheese with ¼ cup Cool Whip, add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon honey and top with about 1-2 tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs! (and yes I have tested this size!).
Any brand of cottage cheese will work great in this recipe. I typically look for a 1-2% cottage cheese however you can use any fat percentage you would like!
As we are using cottage cheese i like to blend it for a smooth consistency. If you are using smooth cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, feel free to just mix everything together in a bowl.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
Want more snack-spiration? Try these recipes:
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make this fruit cheesecake dip, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Easy Protein Fruit Cheesecake Dip
- 1 cup light Cool Whip
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon honey *see notes*
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs for topping
- In a food processor or high powered blender combine cool whip, cottage cheese, vanilla extract and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Add cheesecake dip to a bowl and top with graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve with fruit, graham crackers or your favourite sweet treats to dip.