My Creamy Salsa Dressing is a yummy sauce just like the one at Chick-fil-a, but high protein and healthy. So good on tacos, salads and nachos!
I was on a mission to find the BEST sauce for my Mexican-inspired recipes and had to share this creamy salsa dressing, a homemade version of the Chick-fil-a sauce. I honestly believe that a good sauce can make or break a recipe, and this one 100% makes it.
Why This Recipe Is Dietitian Approved
- Higher in protein. We're swapping sour cream for Greek yogurt, making this nacho dressing a great protein boost for any meal.
- Ready in 5 minutes. This is an easy, low maintenance dressing you can whip together in just a couple minutes with around 5 ingredients.
- Level up a recipe. Adding this flavour-packed salsa dressing is the easiest way to bring new life to a boring meal and make things fun!
Greek yogurt. Look for plain Greek yogurt! The higher the fat percentage, the creamier the dressing will be. I personally like using 2% Greek yogurt to meet in the middle of a creamy texture and a lower fat option.
Lime. Fresh lime juice and zest brings so much brightness to this nacho dressing.
Seasoning. Salt, black pepper, and cumin are the only spices you are going to need.
Cilantro. Optional though it adds a great freshness. If you don't like the taste, leave it out.
The complete ingredient list with measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings to meet desired taste.
Pour into a mason jar or glass dressing container.
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free, however ensure your salsa is gluten-free.
To make dairy-free/vegan: Use a dairy-free yogurt like this one.
To make nut-free: This recipe is naturally nut-free.
This dressing can be stored for up to 7 days in the fridge in an airtight container. It may need to be stirred prior to serving.
To ensure this dressing meets your taste preference I recommend tasting it as you go. Your salsa choice will alter the spice level, while the lime juice and zest will add a bright, zing-y flavour.
Note that this is a thicker dressing so it can be spread on sandwiches too. If you like your dressing thinner for drizzling, I recommend adding 1 tablespoon of water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, such a delicious variation!
Greek yogurt is an excellent base for dressings because it’s higher in protein and lower in fat than a traditional mayonnaise or sour cream base. It's also full of nutrients like calcium, vitamin A & D, zinc and phosphorus.
More Healthy Dressing Recipes
The BEST sauces to level up any meal:
- Healthy Big Mac Sauce
- Easy Mango Corn Salsa
- Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
See you in the kitchen!
I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make this creamy salsa dressing, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Creamy Salsa Dressing
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup red mild salsa of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves optional
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings to meet desired taste. Pour into a mason jar or glass dressing container.