This mango corn salsa is sweet, tangy and a little spicy. Enjoy it with chips or add to tacos, chicken or fish!
If I could spend every summer evening on a sunny patio with some chips and salsa, I would. I'm all for the classic red salsa that comes in a jar, but I also love some texture. Chunky salsas are where its at!
My mango corn salsa recipe is similar to cowboy caviar because its a chunkier, veggie packed salsa that could be a dip, condiment or even a salad. It hits every edge of your tastebuds, packed with flavour and nutrition. A true winner this summer, or all year round!
Why This Dietitian Loves This Recipe
- Nutrient-dense. Salsa is an amazing way to load up any meal with a boost of antioxidants and nutrients. There's 7 different fruits and veggies in this salsa alone!
- Versatile. Typically we enjoy salsa as a dip, but it tastes delicious as a condiment on sandwiches, baked fish, and chicken. The sweet flavor profile pairs really well with savory flavors!
- Summer produce. You know it's summer when the herb garden is bright and green, and corn and mango are in abundance. Enjoy all this best seasonal produce in this recipe!
- Corn kernels
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
Add corn to a small saucepan over medium heat to slightly brown the corn. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan every few minutes. Once corn begins to turn golden brown, remove from the heat.
Add corn, mango, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and jalapeno to a large bowl. Season with cilantro, salt, black pepper, and garlic.
Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Enjoy alone or serve with your favourite protein source and carbohydrate for a great meal!
Substitutions and Variations
To make gluten-free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
To make dairy-free: This recipe is naturally dairy-free.
To make vegan: This recipe is naturally vegan.
To make nut-free: This recipe is naturally nut-free.
Feel free to add additional spices, diced vegetables or seasonings if desired. This is a great base recipe to customize however you like. Other delicious add-ins:
- Garlic powder
- Cotija cheese
- Black beans
- Chili powder
- Pickled jalapenos
- Diced avocado
- Vegetable chopper (optional)
This mango corn salsa can be kept fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To save time, prep the ingredients beforehand and mix right before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, just defrost first and drain the liquid.
No, however it will slightly alter the taste. I find mango corn salsa really benefits from the flavours the cilantro can bring to offset some of the sweetness, but if you aren’t a cilantro lover- feel free to skip it!
More Healthy Dip Recipes
Dip it up with these recipes next:
PS. I love seeing my recipes in action! If you decide to make my mango corn salsa, don't forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram- @nourishedbynic or leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Easy Mango Corn Salsa
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- ½ large red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- ½ of one jalapeno diced and deseeded (can add more if you love spice)!
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 limes just the juice
- Add corn to a small saucepan over medium heat to slightly brown the corn. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan every few minutes. Once corn begins to turn golden brown, remove from the heat.
- Add corn, mango, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and jalapeno to a large bowl. Season with cilantro, salt, black pepper, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Enjoy alone or serve with your favourite protein source and carbohydrate for a great meal!